Mike Tweedie DipMarSur (IIMS) BE (Aero., USyd) M.Ing (Skeepsboukunde-Meganiese, Stellenbosch)
- Member of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (USA)
- Member of the South African Institute of Marine Engineers and Naval Architects
- Member of the Australasian Institute of Marine Surveyors (No. 763)
- AMSA Accredited Marine Surveyor for Domestic Commercial Vessels (No.120726)
- MNZ Recognized Marine Surveyor (SRV 063)
- Registered Professional Engineer in USA (No.WA 43785)
- Member of the Boating Industry Association
Mike Tweedie of Tweedmarine enjoys a reputation for being honest and professional when dealing with clients. Having worked for over 5 years in the SA Department of Transport (Marine Services) and as a delegate of AMSA, and many years as a naval architect and/or marine surveyor in South Africa, the U.S., New Zealand and Australia, Mike has strived hard to ensure that the vessels, operators and marine industry, especially in South Australia, comply with safety and construction standards by giving professional advice and ensuring any concerns were addressed.
Recent work history:-
Tweedmarine, founded April 2015 in Port Pirie, South Australia
Still going stronger than ever
DPTI SA from May 2009 – April 2015, Adelaide, South Australia
Principal Marine Surveyor and/or Senior Naval Architect for the South Australian Department of Transport’s Marine Services (Vessel Unit). Involved in stability and structural analysis, surveying and ensuring compliance of vessels with the current Australian and international standards with delegated authority from AMSA.
SGS NZ, Wellington, New Zealand
Naval architect and marine surveyor (recognized by Maritime New Zealand) responsible for design approvals and compliance surveys
Tweedmarine, Tacoma, Washington, U.S.A.
Contractor; main clients were Aleutian Yachts and Kitsap Catamarans
Art Anderson Associates, Bremerton, Washington, U.S.A.
Naval architect involved in many designs, including the U.S. military, USCG and Washington State Ferries.